Sunday, November 28, 2004

Our pompous right-wing press

Weldon Berger, writing on PressThink, caught Sam Donaldson bloviating:


Sam Donaldson told an audience at the University of North Carolina: "Anybody who goes windsurfing as the great American sport doesn't understand what they do in Omaha." (In this instance, it's the down-home Donaldson who's clueless about Nebraska, home to the Toucan Open stop on the US Windsurfing national circuit.)

As with so much media bloviation, the bogosity of Donaldson's comment is immediately obvious to those of us (millions?) who learned to windsurf in the middle of the country. Perhaps the abstract concept that Donaldson doesn't have is lake.

4 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi conchis There I was just cruising the web looking for info on surfer t-shirts and I happened upon your site. It looks like you have put a lot of work into Our pompous right-wing press and congratulations, but I'm really looking for info on windsurfing.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some really strange postings on Our pompous right-wing press. Surely, if people wanted information on stuffwork. go windsurfing t-shirts, they would visit a site such as windsurfing t-shirts and get all the info on windsurfing t-shirts.

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow conchis how did I get here? I was trying to find some info on windsurfer so goodness knows why the last link I clicked on brought me here. But although there is nothing about windsurfer, I'd like to say what a good job you've done with Our pompous right-wing press

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi conchis There I was just cruising the web looking for info on windsurfer and I happened upon your site. It looks like you have put a lot of work into Our pompous right-wing press and congratulations, but I'm really looking for info on windsurfing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home