Thursday, December 02, 2004

Lying about History

From a Kos diarist


One example of the dishonesty of the debate arrived in my e-mail during the election.  A conservative friend sent me an e-mail outlining the problem with college history departments.  ...  The thrust of the e-mail was that various history departments across the country were teaching odd and useless things while leaving out the essential basics of U.S. history.  It claimed that these departments offered no courses on, among other things, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, WW II or even an intro to U.S. History.  Can you imagine?!  A history department that does not have U.S. history 101!  It sounded a little too fishy.  After about five minutes of Googling I found that the claims were very fishy.  Just by checking out each department web site I literally disproved every single one of the claims made in my friend's mass e-mail.  I also asked why he didn't bother to check the school's web sites before forwarding the e-mail to everyone.  I didn't get a response.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home