Saturday, December 04, 2004

“The results announced by the Central Electoral Commission are rigged"

From The Moscow News (and I don't know if we can trust them, but the story was repeated on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me, so it must be true).


Natalia Dmitruk, a sign language presenter with the Ukrainian TV channel UT-1 has ignored the text read by the news presenter and instead transmitted the message that the results of the elections were rigged, Russia’s NTV television reports.

"The results announced by the Central Electoral Commission are rigged. Do not believe them. Our president is Yushchenko. I am very disappointed by the fact that I had to interpret lies. I will not do it any more. I do not know if you will see me again.”

Of course, the quote is translated from Sign Language. I hope that translation is accurate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home