Saturday, December 04, 2004

The Ten Commandments

One of the many stories missing from the media during this last election cycle was Bush's and Cheney's repeated violations of the Ninth Commandment: Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. I don't see anything in the Commandments that says you can't run vicious and unfair attack ads against your opponent, but when you lie -- as Dick Cheney did when he told John Edwards he had never met him before -- as George Bush did when he said "I don't think I ever said I’m not worried about Osama bin Laden. I think that's one of those exAGeRAtions." -- you're violating the Ninth Commandment. And that's not Christian.

I mean, not that I'm a Biblical scholar -- I'm not. But I have eyes. And I would think that when a President and his Vice-President bear false witness against other patriotic Americans that would be big news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home