Monday, January 24, 2005

My Letter to Hillary Clinton

It emerges that Hillary Clinton is interested in standing in the way of Howard Dean's run for DNC Chair. Especially if you live in New York, I would urge you to contact Senator Clinton about this matter, with a polite and inspring note. Here's mine:


Sen. Clinton,

I am writing to urge you to support Howard Dean in the upcoming vote for DNC Chair. I know many in the DNC will value your opinion.

Howard Dean brings immense energy to the table, and many fresh Democratic troops . As you know, this past year John Kerry got millions upon millions of dollars from small donors, setting a new record for Dems -- and why he got all that money is because of people like me, people activated by Howard Dean. I'm proud to say that I was able to give Sen Kerry $1500. But I did it only because I have been so encouraged by the grass roots energy that surrounds me. I gave to John Kerry because I believed he could win in 2004 -- and I'll give in 2006 to the Democratic group that I think has the best chance of winning House elections and deepening the bench of statewide elected officials who can run to move up in 2008. I'll give my money to whatever organization I think will do the best strategic job of using it to fight for my values.

I'll give it, most likely, to an organization headed by Howard Dean. And that organization, I hope, will be the Democratic Party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home